- This event has passed.
ADSN Workshop: Australia’s Data-enabled Research Future
August 19 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
This workshop will explore the just-released reports from the ARDC, the Australian Council of Learned Academies (ACOLA) and the five Learned Academies to help build a more coherent data policy and uplift our national data capabilities for researchers.
- CLICK HERE FOR ZOOM LINK
- If asked, passcode is 038636
QUT Centre for Data Science Director Kerrie Mengersen will moderate the discussion. Our guests for the workshop are:
- Shannon Callaghan, Senior Policy Advisor for the ADRC. Shannon was the program manager for the whole set of projects at each of the Academies and ACOLA
- Isabel Ceron, Senior Policy Analyst for the Academy of Social Sciences of Australia
- Prof Louisa Jorm, Foundation Director of the Centre for Big Data Research in Health at UNSW Sydney. Prof Jorm chaired the Steering Committee for the report from the Australian Academy of Health and Medical Sciences
- Prof Lesley Wyborn, Australian National University. Prof Wyborn is Chair of the Data in Science Committee for the Australian Academy of Science