- This event has passed.
Women in Data Science Day 2022
March 7 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
As part of International Women in Data Science (WiDS) Day, the ADSN hosted a panel discussion featuring some of Australia’s top women in Data Science!
Here is the video from that panel discussion. Below the video are details about our panellists.
“Raising the Bar for Australian Data Science”
The panel explored how we as a Data Science Network can increase recognition of Data Science as a discipline in its own right, and representation in terms of more inclusive participation. Also, we investigated where and how we should best apply our Data Science.
Moderator: Dr Kate Helmstedt, QUT & WiDS @ ADSN Ambassador
- Prof Flora Salim, Deputy Director, RMIT Centre for Information Discovery & Data Analytics (CIDDA); Incoming Professor and Cisco Chair of Digital Transport, UNSW Sydney
- Prof Joanna Batstone, Director, Monash Data Futures Institute, Monash University
- A/Prof Jessica Kasza, President, Statistical Society of Australia
- D/Prof Kerrie Mengersen, Director, QUT Centre for Data Science
- Prof Sally Cripps, Research Program Director, Analytics & Decision Sciences at CSIRO/Data 61
WiDS @ Australian Data Science Network is an independent event that is organized by the Australian Data Science Network as part of the annual WiDS Worldwide conference organized by Stanford University and an estimated 200+ locations worldwide, which features outstanding women doing outstanding work in the field of data science. All genders are invited to attend all WiDS Worldwide conference events.