Hosted by ACEMS | Oracle for Research Grants to Support Researchers, Data & Projects
You are invited to attend an ACEMS event about free computational grants and community support for researchers and collaborative projects with Oracle for Research. Please see below for more information, and register via EventBrite.
ACEMS is pleased to host this online talk, Q&A, and discussion, with guests from Oracle for Research.
In this online session, you can learn about opportunities to accelerate research to results, and gain support for collaborative projects, using cloud computing and computational grants from Oracle for Research.
Benefits of Oracle for Research grants will be discussed, including:
- Access to free cloud credits to support your AI, HPC and GPU workloads
- Access to scalable cloud-computing capabilities and advanced analytics for data-intensive research experiments
- Opportunities to connect with other research institutions and industry partners
- Receive technical assistance with Oracle Cloud platform and infrastructure
Note: there are other/further benefits for research students, entrepreneurs, and also projects eligible for Oracle’s Community Model Support.
Topics covered will include:
- What is Oracle for Research?
- Oracle for Research team members supporting researchers and facilitating access to grants and community support
- Case studies for Oracle for Research Grants
- The easy Oracle for Research grant application process and what to do if you’re interested in applying
- How Oracle for Research is seeking to support and build community
- Answers to FAQ About Grants (No, Oracle does not own your data/IP)
Q&A and Discussion:
Following the presentation from Oracle for Research guests, there will be a moderated Q&A and discussion. This will provide an opportunity to:
- Ask any questions about the Oracle for Research grants and Community Support Model
- Engage in a moderated discussion about research and projects which may be suitable for support from Oracle for Research
- Share ideas for possible new projects (including, for example, in relation to environmental modelling, health, bioinformatics, geospatial applications – and more)
Who should attend?
This session is designed to be of particular benefit to researchers (across diverse disciplines), research students, research partners, and others from outside academia who may be interested in collaboration (and grant support).
Attendees will include those from mathematics, statistics, data science, and other research disciplines, plus ACEMS extended network and other interested guests, including from the Australian Data Science Network, industry and otherwise outside academia.
Feel free to invite others in your network who may be interested in attending.
RSVP to Attend:
Please RSVP to attend, via this Eventbrite form. You will then receive the Zoom link to join the online event.