- This event has passed.
ARDC Leadership Series: Closing the Digital Research Skills Gap
September 14, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Change in the skills space has always been fast paced but never more so than now and with such specificity to the research workforce. Within research, there is an imperative to explore cutting-edge innovation, employ new methods and technologies and forge new skills in the process.
As the criticality of digital research skills emerges there is at the same time acknowledgment that the research sector along with its industry counterparts is tackling a significant and growing skills gap.
This need must now be matched with action. At the session, we’ll explore:
- Drivers for digital research skills
- Barriers for students and researchers to upskill
- Skills gap and its challenges
- Differentiator between education and training
The conversation will be facilitated by Dr. Sue Barrell AO FTSE, joined by an exciting panel of leading thinkers:
- Prof Paul Bonnington, Director, Monash eResearch Centre, Monash University
- Dr Simone Richter, Director Science Digital Transformation, CSIRO
- Associate Prof Linda Beaumont, Chair of the EcoCommons Scientific Advisory Committee, Macquarie University
- Ms Ann Backhaus, Education & Training Manager, Pawsey Supercomputing Centre
- Ms Bernadette Kelly, Director, National Research Infrastructure Policy, Australian Government Department of Education
We look forward to a thought-provoking conversation with you!