- This event has passed.
ARDC Digital Research Skills Summit
February 9 - February 10
The Summit is for anyone interested in driving the development of a national digitally skilled research workforce.
About this event
What’s happening at this year’s Skills Summit?
Guest speakers: Hear what end users think about skills training.
Invited speakers from end user groups describing the impact and value of data and digital research skills training. What value do researchers, infrastructure managers, data scientists, or industry stakeholders place on skills training?
Working meetings: Come ready to roll up your sleeves. Share with and learn from peers.
Designed to engage and motivate collaborative action on the big nuggety issues facing our training communities.
- What skills and for whom?
- Do capability frameworks help?
- What does resourcing, coordination and collaboration look like for ensuring workforce development for skills trainers?
- What do trainers, execs, national infrastructures and researchers need to do to ensure a sustainable future for skills training?
Networking: Welcome back to in-person connections!
Ample opportunities are planned to ensure we all (re)connect in-person and in consequential ways.
Who should attend?
The Skills Summit is ideal for people who:
- provide training programs in research data, software and infrastructure
- develop communities to enable knowledge transfer around digital skills for researchers
- make decisions about research data, software and infrastructure training program offerings at their organisation, institution, or department
- have an interest in furthering research data management, software design and utilisation, high performance computing, cloud and related digital infrastructure training programs at a local and national level
- are responsible for policy decisions around digitally skilled research support professionals including technology, education, employment and/or funding policy.
Detailed program to be announced soon. Stay tuned.