Closes 22 October.
The Discipline of Business Analytics at the University of Sydney is a group that combines academics from Operations Research/Operations Management, Statistics/Econometrics, and Machine Learning. We are engaged in all aspects of analyzing data, making forecasts and building models to assist in management decisions. The Discipline has research strengths in the areas of mathematical optimization, supply chain management and scheduling theory, financial time series and quantitative risk management, business and economic forecasting, statistical learning, machine learning, Bayesian statistics and computationally intensive estimation.
The Discipline is looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Business Analytics (equivalent to a tenure-track Assistant Professor in North America) who possesses:
- PhD in Operations Research, Operations Management, Statistics, Econometrics, or a related discipline (A PhD under examination is acceptable at lecturer level)
- an active research program with significant potential for future publication (Lecturer level) or a well-established program (Senior Lecturer level)
- evidence of high-quality teaching in Business Analytics, Operations Research, Operations Management, Statistics, Econometrics, or Machine Learning, at undergraduate or
- postgraduate level; we are especially interested in academics who have expertise in Operations Research and Operations Management
- interest in, experience of, or potential for teaching in interdisciplinary teams
- demonstrated capacity to stimulate, actively engage and educate a range of audiences using a range of media
- capacity to contribute to (Lecturer level) or take leadership of (Senior Lecturer) course and program development
- potential for engagement with industry (Lecturer level) or experience in consulting or collaborating with industry (Senior Lecturer level)
- evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach.
About the position:
- Full time continuing teaching and research post
- Join a world-leading Business Analytics group at a top 20 globally ranked University ( 2024 QS world rankings )
- Academic Level B or C, Base Salary $118,390 – $167,221 p.a. + 17% superannuation