Postdoctoral Research Associate in Mathematics & AI – University of Sydney
Closes 18 January.
The University of Sydney is welcoming applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Mathematics and AI. The successful applicant will undertake research embedded in one of the research groups in the School of Mathematics and Statistics and will be affiliated with the Sydney Mathematical Research Institute (SMRI) under the supervision of Professor Geordie Williamson. Preference will be given to candidates working in the areas of applied mathematics, or theoretical or applied statistics, and who will be able to build capacity in these areas at SMRI through the organization of seminars, conferences, or outreach activities.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• demonstrate research excellence in mathematics and its interactions with AI
• develop research collaborations
• assist with grant writing and publishing original work
• demonstrate development and implementation of algorithms in mathematics and machine learning
• develop your profile and the profile of SMRI in the areas of mathematics and AI through conferences and seminars.
- Duration: 3 years fixed term appointment
- Remuneration: $97,043–$100,717 p.a. + 17% superannuation (Level A)
- Full time, 3 years fixed term, located at the Sydney Mathematical Research Institute (SMRI)