The Australian Data Science Network hosted a workshop with the Australian Research Data Commons (ARDC). The online discussion explored opportunities on how the ADSN and your organisations might work together with the ARDC.
Our guest for the workshop was Keith Russell, Manager of Engagements and Expertise at the ARDC.
On this page, you can find:
- Video of Keith Russell's Presentation
- Slides from the Presentation
- Slides on how webinar participants answered ARDC Challenge Questions
- Links to ARDC Communities of Practice (CoP)
- Examples of Interest Groups Relevant to ADSN
- ARDC's "People" Research Data Commons
- ARDC's "Planet" Research Data Commons
- Sign up for ARDC Newsletter
Communities of Practice
The ARDC leads or co-leads a number of Communities of Practice (CoP) that are relevant to Data Science, Data Management, Governance, Quality and so on. ADSN members are most welcome to sign for any of those.
Interest Groups Relevant to ADSN
ML4AU CoP: https://www.ml4au.community/
The Machine Learning Community of Practice (CoP) explores issues, challenges and interests of various Machine Learning (ML) communities and provides an opportunity for anyone interested in ML for research to collaborate over the emerging needs for ML capabilities and expertise in eResearch.
ANZ Data Quality Interest Group: https://sites.google.com/ardc.edu.au/australian-data-quality-ig
This Group provides a forum for Australian and New Zealand data providers, repository operators and data consumers to discuss challenges and strategies for meeting data quality standards and procedures. The group will also serve as a connection to international data quality communities for exchanging experiences and best practices.
ML4AU CoP is having a talk (on Knowledge & Data) and general meeting at 4pm on Thursday, 15 September, 2022.
- Guest speaker: Professor Byeong Kang, University of Tasmania
- Title: "Different Types of Knowledge and Data"
- Register: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/ml4au-cop-talk-meeting-tickets-417425399607