Applied AI roles in Brisbane:
• Work on the latest Cloud, Data and AI technologies in real-world environments
• Work with clients across Australia to plan and deliver Applied AI solutions
• World-class learning, development and leadership programs throughout your career
Do you want to work on the front-line of Data & AI? If you love working in diverse teams to solve complex business problems using Cloud, Data and AI technologies, we need you!
About the team
Our diverse Data & AI team comprises over 500 specialist practitioners across Australia, each of whom are constantly curious and excited about combining their business acumen and technological expertise to create data-centric solutions that help solve complex problems and transform, or reinvent our client’s business.
Our Data & AI team work with public and private sector clients helping them to design and implement world leading solutions and capabilities. From solving air and ground transport network issues through our industry-first Optimal Reality digital twin solution, bringing automation capabilities to vaccine rollout programs, to helping our clients move to a sustainable world, we are the partner of choice for our clients and our alliance vendors.
Our relationships with market leading vendors such as AWS, Microsoft, Google, Apple, Snowflake, Salesforce, and Informatica enable our practitioners to be at the forefront of new and emerging capabilities and to deliver our suite of services at scale. We are consistently recognised as leaders in Cloud, Data, Analytics and AI, including in the latest analyst reports.
About the job
In our Data & AI team, focussing on mid to large scale digital transformation initiatives, you will use your consulting skills to work with clients to deeply understand their business challenges and build next-generation, cloud-based solutions using Cloud, Data, AI and other emerging technologies. With guidance from leading technical experts, you will further develop your expertise around the design, development and operationalization of Applied AI solutions.
You will enhance your consulting skills by having compelling interactions and presentations with clients to showcase the solutions you have developed with the team. Your career coach will work with you to create a tailored plan that aligns your ambitions with our practice and client needs, including providing you access to leading training and certification programs and development opportunities.
Our team of Data & AI practitioners come from a diverse range of backgrounds, with everyone playing a different role in the team based on their unique skillsets. While most of our team members are focused on delivering technical solutions for our clients, some practitioners are more focused on the strategic side of Applied AI solutions, delivering strategies, roadmaps, operating models, and transformational business cases for our clients.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
As a professional focused on technical solution delivery, you are someone with:
• At least 2 years of experience working on predictive analytics and data mining projects
• 2 years of hands-on experience using complex machine learning methods and algorithms
• At least 2 years of experience working with one or more data mining tools such as R, Python, Scala or SAS
• Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries and working with relational databases
• Hands-on experience constructing and manipulating JSON and XML documents and working with NoSQL databases
• Experience with cloud services (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud Platform)
• Good understanding of microservices architecture and hands-on experience working with REST APIs
• Demonstrable ability to interpret analysis and modelling results in a business context and provide commercially focussed recommendations that support our clients’ business decisions
• Demonstrable experience working in a consulting environment or managing non-technical stakeholders
• Self-directed and demonstrable problem-solving skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
• Bachelor or Masters degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar disciplines
• Experience in simulation, front-end development and/or web development is desirable but not essential
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
Please click on the link to learn more about our new ways of working.
If you have any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about those opportunities, contact Paulina Czerny-Smith from the Talent Sourcing team firstname.lastname@example.org.