Postgraduate Scholarship Opportunity in Machine Learning for Communication Systems
Defence Science Partnership Research Grant
Level of Study
Higher Degrees Research
We are seeking an outstanding candidate for a Defence-supported ME scholarship to undertake research in the area of machine learning and its applicatons to communication systems. This research project aims to develop a fully trainable AI-enabled radio that can sense the operating environment and autonomously generate secure, high throughput and resilient tactical waveforms to support mission-critical communications. The research project will explore different machine learning and AI techniques for building generative models for wireless communication channels and RF devices.
This exciting project is a partnership between Flinders University and Defence Science and Technology Group, Department of Defence, Australia. The project has funding for the ME scholarship and will be based at Flinders University, Adelaide.
The scholarship includes:
- A stipend valued at $30,000 per annum tax-free
- The scholarship will be awarded for two years
- A Research Training Program Fee Offset Scholarship covers tuition fees for Australian Citizens, NZ Citizens and Permanent Residents.
- There is a possibility to convert ME to PHD research and extend the scholarship to three years
To be eligible for the award of this scholarship, a student must: –
- be an Australian citizen, or New Zealand citizen; or have been granted permanent resident status; and
- meet ME admission requirements
- be available to commence as a full-time ME student at Flinders University in semester 1, 2022.
Prior to submitting applications, prospective applicants are advised to contact the project Lead Investigator, DR Saeed Rehman to discuss your interest and eligibility for this opportunity. The Project lead may invite you to apply and request a copy of your CV together with a covering letter outlining your relevant qualifications, experience, research experience and reasons for applying for the scholarship.
The successful candidate will ideally begin by March 2022, subject to negotiation (and not later than July 2022).
For application form and other details, please visit the site